Beast

Beast

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nutty Banana Bread Day Is Here

The day finally came that my bananas got ready for being baked into a bread. I was supposed to clean all day, and do laundry, then some baking, and finish up the yard work, that is still waiting on us to make a move. Well, after last attempt to wreck my back, I wasn't too keen starting on that  show. But I did plan on cleaning and baking, and making some laundry.

I so love my friends, they do come to the rescue always when you need it, and my dear friend delighted my evening by stopping by. Us two sitting down and enjoying of nothing (but beer) was long over due. So I junked the plans of laundry and cleaning, but I did manage to get the banana bread out of the oven before she showed up with pizza. So that's what was for dinner, beer, pizza and banana bread.

My friend gave the thumbs up, so did Lee and I feel pretty confident that it is ok to share the recipe with y'all! This banana bread is good.




Banana bread


1 c shortening
2 c sugar
6 ripe bananas
4 eggs
2 1/4 c (2.25 c) whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda (I used only 1 tsp)
1tsp vanilla (I used vanilla sugar, Scandinavian thang)
1 c chopped pecans (optional)

Cream shortening and sugar together. Mash bananas and add to the creamed mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Sift flour, salt and baking soda together and add to banana mixture (if you use vanilla sugar, add it with the dry ingredients) Add vanilla and pecans. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5x2 inch loaf pans and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted to the center of the loaf comes out clean. (took 1h for me) Tadaa!!!! 

Make it and let me know how you liked it!


No comments:

Post a Comment